Two writing deadlines, a book review due, a Y.W.A.M. School of Ministry Development course on intercession to create, a house that looks like 8 grandkids have invaded it … oh, they did … two dogs who play “see how may things we can knock down as we race across the couch, chair, hallway, under the dining room table, and leap back on the couch again,” and a normal work week at church.
And did I mention that our septic system just decided it would be a good time to quit?
Sometimes life seems to erase the holy found in the daily. I’m sure you live on the same planet I do. Crazy huh?
Amid the clutter of obligations there is little room for encountering the holy . . . or so it seems.
Not too busy For God
Here are 5 ways I’ve found to embrace the holy in the midst of daily stuff.
1. Viewing obligations through your servant lens helps keep your perspective focused on Jesus.
2. It only takes a few minutes to pray as you unload the dishwasher or fold the laundry
3. Time alone in the car as you run to the bank becomes holy ground as you pour out your concerns to the Lord.
4. Recognize interruptions as God’s shoulder tap. They easily translate into a meeting with the Holy.
5. Embrace the crazy. Laugh with God at the ridiculous things that invade your day. Don’t let negative reactions become your legacy.
What do you do to find the Holy when your life seems too busy for God? Leave your comments in the comment section below. I’m always looking for new ways to keep in step with Jesus through my busy life!
Have a great week, Susan
“Jesus likes it when we share.” -Adelaide, age 3: Pass this along to everybody and their brother. OK, maybe not everybody’s brother, but you know … all of your friends would be nice.