I’m an advocate for spiritual checkups through Christian accountability. You know—where you and a friend meet regularly to check in on each other’s spiritual and emotional health. Without regular checkups, our spiritual journey can take detours that negatively impact our emotional and social health.
Here are the six basic questions that I use and suggest to those I counsel. Of course these basic six usually lead to the deep discussions that the Spirit Holy uses to nail our hides to the wall and draw us closer to him as we journey on together.
6 Questions for Spiritual and Emotional Health
- How much time did you spend alone with the Lord this week?
- What did that look like?
- What has He been saying to you?
- What Scriptures are you meditating on and how is that reflected in your self-talk?
- What are you learning about your issues through reading, counseling, or journaling?
- How are you applying what you are learning?
How’s that for basic questions!
What does accountability look like for you? Have you found it helpful? *makes a note to add coffee* What question would you add to my list?
In Him together, Susan Gaddis