Summer is not summer unless laughter accompanies grandchildren in our backyard pool. Children seem to know better than adults that silliness is part of godliness. After all, joy is the atmosphere of heaven.
Have you had your silly pill for the day? If not, you should. Here are 6 reasons why you need laughter and silliness:
- “If people did not sometimes do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done.” –Ludwig Wittgenstein
- “Mirth is God’s medicine. Everybody ought to bathe in it.” –Henry Ward Beecher
- “Laughter is an instant vacation.” –Milton Berle
- “We find it hard to believe that other people’s thoughts are as silly as our own, but they probably are.” –James Harvey Robinson
- “Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly.” Rose Franken
- “The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” –E. E. Cummings
When was the last time you were silly, and what did you do that was silly?
In Him together, Susan Gaddis