Summer is not summer unless laughter accompanies grandchildren in our backyard pool. Children seem to know better than adults that silliness is part of godliness. After all, joy is the atmosphere of heaven.
Have you had your silly pill for the day? If not, you should. Here are 6 reasons why you need laughter and silliness:
- “If people did not sometimes do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done.” –Ludwig Wittgenstein
- “Mirth is God’s medicine. Everybody ought to bathe in it.” –Henry Ward Beecher
- “Laughter is an instant vacation.” –Milton Berle
- “We find it hard to believe that other people’s thoughts are as silly as our own, but they probably are.” –James Harvey Robinson
- “Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly.” Rose Franken
- “The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” –E. E. Cummings
When was the last time you were silly, and what did you do that was silly?
In Him together, Susan Gaddis
This Post Has 3 Comments
what a great thought to be silly i am rarely silly being brought up in a no sillyness family it wasnt proper , but at a water arobics class the other day i was so tired of the hard work out when it got slow we had this long tube called a noodle ,i remember my grandkids telling me if you blow through the hole the water comes out the other end so in my only silly moment of wanting not to be so serious working out i blew on it and sure enough all this water went flying out right over onto a women i didnt know next to me , i couldnt help myself and i laughed,and said im so sorry . she just smiled ,the instructor said i saw that and i went back to enjoying my class more with more laughter just inside of me. cindy k
I love how silly kids can be. A few minutes ago Chloe pretended to walk into a wall. Claire makes up her own words to popular songs and cracks me up. Sadie spent several minutes telling me her favorite numbers and why. It made no sense but hilarious. I need to slow down and laugh with my kids more. Thank you for your post.
Cindy, what a picture your story formed in my imagination! I’d love to laugh and swim with you sometime. 🙂
Heather, your kids crack me up. I wonder what song Claire will make up about the new baby? I’d love to hear it when she does.